Transfer Talk: Real Madrid switch focus from Cancelo to Dalot
The summer transfer window for major European leagues is closed. There’s a lot of gossip about who’s moving to where, but we’ll be keeping an eye on January. Transfer Talk brings you the latest gossip on comings and goings, as well as done deals .
TOP STORY: Madrid look to Dalot
Real Madrid are monitoring the situation of Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot, with the 23-year-old out of contract at end of the season and not expected to sign a new deal, according to the Mirror.
Dalot’s performance under Erik ten Hag has been impressive and the Red Devils have the right to extend his current contract by one year. His agent has said that Dalot will not sign a contract extension.
With Barcelona also interested, it is reported that Man United will demand around PS35 million to allow Dalot a move away from Old Trafford, which will place Real Madrid in a better position than their cash-strapped LaLiga rivals to acquire the full-back next summer.
– Stream on ESPN : LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)
– Paris Saint-Germain‘s search for a centre-back continues with AC Milan‘s Pierre Kalulu and Internazionale‘s Milan Skriniar on their shortlist, according to Calciomercato. PSG failed to secure a deal with the Nerazzurri for Skriniar during the last transfer window, but will reportedly revisit their interest in the Slovakia international in January.
– After securing a new deal with Gabriel, Mikel Arteta is working to agree contract extensions with Bukayo Saka, William Saliba and Gabriel Martinelli, per the Express. It is reported that negotiations with the England international are at the most advanced stages out of the three, with the 21-year-old winger expected to commit to a long-term future at the Emirates soon.
– Ivan Morales is contemplating an exit from Cruz Azul due to a lack of playing time, reports Cesar Luis Merlo. The 23-year-old forward has featured 16 times for the Liga MX club across all competitions this season, making half of those appearances as a substitute. It is reported that the Mexican side will agree to part ways with the Chile international if they receive a reasonable offer.
– Valencia are following 21-year-old Saburtalo Tbilisi right-back Giorgi Gocholeishvili, according to Ekrem Konur. The LaLiga side sent scouts to watch the Georgia international in Saburtalo’s 4-2 loss to Dinamo Batumi. The young full-back has four goals and four assists in 35 appearances this season.
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.