ProWritingAid VS Grammarly: Which Grammar Checker is Better in (2022) ?
ProWritingAid VS Grammarly: When it comes to English grammar, there are two Big Players that everyone knows of: the Grammarly and ProWritingAid. but you are wondering which one to choose so here we write a detail article which will help you to choose the best one for you so Let’s start
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is a tool that checks for grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation.it gives you comprehensive feedback on your writing. This tool can be used to proofread and edit blog posts, emails, and articles.
Grammarly also detects all types of mistakes, including sentence structure issues and misused words. You can also get suggestions for style changes, punctuation and spelling. These suggestions are all available in real-time. The free version covers the basics like identifying grammar and spelling mistakes
whereas the Premium version offers a lot more functionality, it detects plagiarism in your content, suggests word choice, or adds fluency to it.
Features of Grammarly
- Spelling and Word Suggestion: Grammarly detects basic to advance grammatical errors and also help you why this is an error and suggest to you how you can improve it
- Create a Personal Dictionary: The Grammarly app allows you to add words to your personal dictionary so that the same mistake isn’t highlighted every time you run Grammarly.
- Different English Style: Check to spell for American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Plagiarism: This feature helps you detect if a text has been plagiarized by comparing it with over eight billion web pages.
- Wordiness: This tool will help you check your writing for long and hard-to-read sentences. It will also show you how to make sentences shorter so they are easier to read.
- Passive Voice: The program also notifies users when passive voice is used too frequently in a document.
- Punctuations: This feature flags all incorrect and missing punctuation.
- Repetition: The tool provides recommendations for replacing the repeated word.
- Proposition: Grammarly identifies misplaced and confused prepositions.
- Plugins: It offers Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Chrome plugins.
What is ProWritingAid?
ProWritingAid is a style and grammar checker for content creators and writers. It optimizes word choice, punctuation, and common grammar errors. You will receive detailed reports to help improve your writing.
ProWritingAid can be used as an add-on to WordPress, Gmail, and Google Docs. You can also find helpful articles, videos and quizzes that will help you improve your writing.
Features of ProWriting Aid
Here are some key features of ProWriting Aid:
- Grammar checker and spell checker: This tool helps you to find all grammatical and spelling errors.
- Find repeated words: The tool also allows you to search for repeated words and phrases in your content.
- Context-sensitive style suggestions: You can find the exact style of writing you intend and suggest if it flows well in your writing.
- Check the readability of your content: Pro Writing Aid helps you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your article by pointing out difficult sentences and paragraphs.
- Sentence Length: It also indicates the length of your sentences.
- Check Grammatical error: It also checks your work for any grammatical errors or typos, as well.
- Overused words: As a writer, you might find yourself using the same word repeatedly. ProWritingAid’s overused word checker can help you avoid making this mistake.
- Consistency: Check your work for inconsistent usage of open and closed quotation marks.
- Echoes: Check your writing for uniformly repetitive words and phrases.
Difference between Grammarly and Pro-Writing Aid
Grammarly and ProWritingAid are well-known grammar-checking software. If you are having trouble deciding which grammar-checking software to use, these are some points that might help.
Grammarly vs ProWritingAid
- Grammarly is a writing enhancement tool that offers suggestions for grammar, vocabulary, and syntax whereas ProWritingAid offers world-class grammar and style checking, as well as advanced reports to help you strengthen your writing.
- Grammarly provides Android and IOS apps whereas ProWritingAid doesn’t have a mobile or IOS app.
- Grammarly offers important suggestions about mistakes you’ve made whereas ProWritingAid shows more suggestions than Grammarly but all recommendations are not accurate
- Grammarly has a more friendly UI/UX whereas the ProWritingAid interface is not friendly as Grammarly.
- Grammarly is an accurate grammar checker for non-fiction writing whereas ProWritingAid is an accurate grammar checker for fiction writers.
- Grammarly finds grammar and punctuation mistakes, whereas ProWritingAid identifies run-on sentences and fragments.
- Grammarly provides 24/7 support via submitting a ticket and sending emails. ProWritingAid’s support team is available via email, though the response time is approximately 48 hours.
- Grammarly offers many features in its free plan, whereas ProWritingAid offers some basic features in the free plan.
- Grammarly does not offer much feedback on big picture writing; ProWritingAid offers complete feedback on big picture writing.
- Grammarly is a better option for accuracy, whereas ProWritingAid is better for handling fragmented sentences and dialogue. It can be very useful for fiction writers.
ProWritingAid VS Grammarly: Pricing Difference
- ProWritingAid comes with three pricing structures. The full-year cost of ProWritingAid is $79, while its lifetime plans cost $339. You also can opt for a monthly plan of $20.
- Grammarly offers a Premium subscription for $30/month for a monthly plan $20/month for quarterly and $12/month for an annual subscription.
- The Business plan costs $12. 50 per month for each member of your company.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly – Pros and Cons
- It allows you to fix common mistakes like grammar and spelling.
- Offers most features in the free plan
- Allows you to edit a document without affecting the formatting.
- Active and passive voice checker
- Personal dictionary
- Plagiarism checker (paid version)
- Proofread your writing and correct all punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors.
- Allows you to make changes to a document without altering its formatting.
- Helps users improve vocabulary
- User-friendly interface
- Browser extensions and MS word add-ons
- Available on all major devices and platforms
- Grammarly will also offer suggestions to improve your style.
- Enhance the readability of your sentence
- Free mobile apps
- Offers free version
- Supports only English
- Customer support only via email
- Limits to 150,000 words
- Subscription plans can be a bit pricey
- Plagiarism checker is only available in a premium plan
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- No refund policy
- The free version is ideal for basic spelling and grammatical mistakes, but it does not correct advanced writing issues.
- Some features are not available for Mac.
- It offers more than 20 different reports to help you improve your writing.
- Less expensive than other grammar checkers.
- This tool helps you strengthen your writing style as it offers big-picture feedback.
- ProWritingAid has a life plan with no further payments required.
- Compatible with Google Docs!
- Prowritingaid works on both Windows and Mac.
- They offer more integrations than most tools.
- Editing can be a little more time-consuming when you add larger passages of text.
- ProWritingAid currently offers no mobile app for Android or iOS devices.
- Plagiarism checker is only available in premium plans.
- All recommendations are not accurate
Summarizing the Ginger VS Grammarly: My Recommendation
As both writing assistants are great in their own way, you need to choose the one that suits you best.
- For example, go for Grammarly if you are a non-fiction writer
- Go for ProWritingAid if you are a fiction writer.
- ProWritingAid is better at catching errors found in long-form content. Grammarly is better suited for short blog posts and similar tasks.
- ProWritingAid helps you clean up your writing by checking for style, structure, and content while Grammarly focuses on grammar and punctuation.
- Grammarly has a more friendly UI/UX whereas; ProWritingAid offers complete feedback on big picture writing.
Both ProWritingAid and Grammarly are awesome writing tools, without a doubt. Grammarly, in my opinion, is the best because it allows you to edit and review your content. Grammarly will highlight all errors in your writing in seconds. You can copy and paste the content into Grammarly’s editor, or use the native feature in other text editors.
Not only does it identify tiny grammatical and spelling errors, it tells you when you overlook punctuations where they are needed. Grammarly can also help you proofread your content beyond its plagiarism-checking capabilities. The software also offers a free plan that allows you to access some of its features.
I’m a journalist who specializes in investigative reporting and writing. I have written for the New York Times and other publications.