Nebraska factory fire: Major blaze engulfs Omaha chemical facility, residents told to evacuate
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A massive three-alarm fire was sparked at a chemical company near downtown Omaha, Nebraska, on Monday night.
The fire and smoke was so intense that people living in neighborhoods nearby had to be evacuated. The thick black smoke from the building could easily be seen from miles away.
A chemical company in Omaha caught fire Monday evening, sending thick black smoke and flames into the air.
(Twitter/Omaha Fire Department)
Video posted online also showed massive flames roaring from the building as firefighters and first responders worked to get the blaze under control.
Explosions could be heard coming from the building due to propane tanks and other chemicals burning inside the Nox-Crete faculty that is located on South 20th Street.
The fire started around 7 p.m. local time, and it’s unclear what sparked it. Officials with the Omaha Fire Department said the walls of the building started to collapse.
So far, there have not been any reports of injuries. It is not known if anyone was present in the building at the time the fire started. The Omaha Fire Department stated that assistance was available for residents who were forced to evacuate because of the major fire.
“All that have been recommended to evacuate we have opened up the Columbus Community Center at 1523 S 24th St.,” the department wrote. “If you require shelter, please go to the Columbus Community Center at 05th St. The Red Cross will also be there to assist you. “
I have been writing professionally for over 20 years and have a deep understanding of the psychological and emotional elements that affect people. I’m an experienced ghostwriter and editor, as well as an award-winning author of five novels.